We are delighted to announce that from the 29th of June, we can now move forward to Phase 3 of re-opening of society and tennis. Our members will be glad to know that doubles play can now return. Please note the additional restrictions being lifted are listed below:
- Both singles play and doubles play will be permitted with people from outside of their household, as long as they remain 2 metres apart as much as possible.
- Internal club competitions can be delivered subject to appropriate protocols being implemented. Guidelines for running tournaments will be issued later this week.
- Changing Rooms can reopen for players but only subject to appropriate cleaning and management protocols being in place.
- Coaches are allowed to work with up to 6 players per court subject to social distancing practices being implemented.
- Visitors to clubs are allowed subject to appropriate contact tracing protocols being in place.
- Outdoor gatherings of up to 200 people are permitted when conducted in line with public health advice.
- Players do not need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls – however, if they choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure they do not touch their face during play, and should clean their hands before play and immediately afterwards (using sanitising gel if required).
|Before you decide to play|
|You must stay at home if you:
We are delighted to see our members out playing since the resumption of tennis. From the 8th of June, there are some easing of restrictions. Mainly the 5km radius now extends to 20 km. Over 16’s can now play without parent/guardian supervision. We will keep you posted with updates as soon as we are advised by Tennis Ireland.
All players must follow the guidelines below from Tennis Ireland before resuming tennis. So, enjoy playing again and most importantly, keep safe.
|Before you decide to play|
|You must stay at home if you:
· Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
· Have been overseas or exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
· Have flu-like symptoms or are feeling unwell
· Live outside a 20km radius of the club
|Once you decide to play|
|· Play should be limited to singles only during this phase of the reopening. The only exception for doubles is if playing partners are from the same household. Further doubles play will be considered in future phases of reopening.
. Pre-book your court online. All players must be named for contact tracing re: Covid-19.
· Only paid up members should attend tennis activities. No non-members are allowed during this phase.
· Arrive and leave as close as possible to when you are due on court
· A parent/guardian must accompany any player under 16 years.
· Players should arrive ready to play as their will be no access to dressing room during this phase
· Players should ensure that they utilise toilet facilities in their own home prior to arriving at the club as toilet facilities will not be available during this phase.
· Players should, ideally, bring a small bottle of hand sanitiser with them and keep it in their pocket of bag for use.
|During Play & Social distancing behaviours|
|· Players must refrain from handshakes and high fives
· Keep 2 metres away from other people at all times
· Do not share food, towels and drinks
· Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or hand-sanitiser when available, before and after eating, after going to the toilet, sneezing and coughing
· Cover your coughs and sneezes and dispose of any used tissue in your own bag and bring it home with you
· Avoid touching your face
· Keep your distance from people who are obviously sick
· Try not to touch any surfaces, but if you do sanitise your hands as soon as possible
· Change ends at opposite sides of the net. If this is not possible then do not change ends.
· Use two sets of clearly marked tennis balls.These should be alternated for serving with each player only touching their individual tennis balls.
· Use your racquet / foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent. Avoid using your hands to pick up the balls.
· Remain apart from other players when taking a break.
· If a ball from another court comes across, send it back with a kick or with a racquet.
|When play finishes|
|· Once play has finished players should leave the club promptly
· Hands should be washed and sanitised as soon as possible
· Ensure equipment is cleaned thoroughly after use. Tennis balls can be sprayed with a disinfectant
· If a player becomes unwell after playing, they should first contact their GP/HSE and then inform their club. The club will then follow advice provided to them by the HSE on the next steps
· Members should be encouraged to remind other members of the guidelines in a gentle way, when they witness poor practices.
· Repeated poor practice should be reported to the club as soon as possible
Due to the increasing risk of Covid 19, we have decided to postpone the Open Team event due to take place in March/April for the safety of all players. We hope to reschedule later in the year.
In response to Government & HSE guidelines, access to the clubhouse facilities is strictly forbidden for all members. Adult members are permitted to play (with access limited to court token insertion point) provided personal responsibility is exercised.
We strongly urge appropriate social distancing according to HSE guidelines – https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/coronavirus.html. This action remains in place until further notice by order of the Puckane & District Tennis Club Committee.
Thank you all for your co-operation.
Puckane Tennis Club Tennis Open Team Event runs from 16th March to Saturday 25th April, 2019. This is kindly sponsored by Slattery’s Garage Puckane, Tadgh O’Flynn Jewellers & The Whiskey Still, Dromineer. Players can still select their teams based on each players grade for 3 different sections. See competition details attached. Team Event Notice & Rules 2020
Format: Red section requires 12 points or more (only one grade 1 player per team) , Blue Section requires 18 points or more (no grade 2 or above allowed). Green Section requires 22 points or more (no grade 3 or above allowed).
Enter your team or enter as individual and a team will be selected for you. Enter by texting your teams members names and grade to 0851431982 or email email@example.com
Closing date is 9th March at 6pm. So get your teams together !! Games will be scheduled for you so please make yourself available ! Full competition details are on Facebook and on Noticeboard in Clubhouse. Many thanks
The finals of the Spring Doubles took place last Friday night. Whilst it started of dry, unfortunately the rain took over in the end. Despite the wet weather, the finals were of excellent quality. Melissa Kenny and Michelle Tooher were winners and Patricia Flannery and Mary Minogue were runners up. In the mens final after a tough 3 setter, Eoin Gleeson and Pat Hough were victorious and James Kennedy and Cathal Hanrahan were worthy runners up. Thanks to Breo for sponsoring the tournament. Thanks also to all who came out to support.
Spring Doubles Finals 2020 sponsored by Breo will take place this Friday 28th of February at 7.00 pm. Hopefully the rain will stay away this week. The finalists for Mens Section are Pat Hough/Eoin Gleeson v Cathal Hanrahan/James Kennedy. The finalists for Ladies Section are Melissa Kenny/Michelle Tooher v Mary Minogue/Patricia Flannery. Come along and give them some support.
We are at the play off stage of the Spring Doubles sponsored by Breo Jewellers. The ladies quarter finals take place on Wednesday and the Ladies/Mens Semi finals take place on Thursday with the finals on Friday. Attached are the qualifiers for the play offs. Looking forward to seeing ye down there and best of luck to all.
Attached please find Mens and Ladies Group details for the Spring Doubles which starts this week. Please take note of your time of play. This competition is kindly sponsored by Breo Jewellers. Best of luck to everyone.
Please see below attachment for full line up for our finals day in our Open Doubles Competition!
BBQ will be in full swing all day so all welcome to Puckane on Saturday July 27th from 2pm to enjoy the great matches ahead!
Best of Luck to all finalists!