We are delighted to announce that from the 29th of June, we can now move forward to Phase 3 of re-opening of society and tennis. Our members will be glad to know that doubles play can now return. Please note the additional restrictions being lifted are listed below:
- Both singles play and doubles play will be permitted with people from outside of their household, as long as they remain 2 metres apart as much as possible.
- Internal club competitions can be delivered subject to appropriate protocols being implemented. Guidelines for running tournaments will be issued later this week.
- Changing Rooms can reopen for players but only subject to appropriate cleaning and management protocols being in place.
- Coaches are allowed to work with up to 6 players per court subject to social distancing practices being implemented.
- Visitors to clubs are allowed subject to appropriate contact tracing protocols being in place.
- Outdoor gatherings of up to 200 people are permitted when conducted in line with public health advice.
- Players do not need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls – however, if they choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure they do not touch their face during play, and should clean their hands before play and immediately afterwards (using sanitising gel if required).
|Before you decide to play|
|You must stay at home if you: